
I thought this blogging business would be easy but time flies by so quickly, here it is almost a month since I made my first post. Actually I took an hour to write a post and put in pictures but for some reason it didn't save and I lost all of it. I felt like screaming!!
I took my Mother and Father to Escalante for my nieces wedding. It was held in the Slot Canyons Inn (http://www.slotcanyonsinn.com/) . It is a bed and breakfast inn. It is a beautiful place and we were treated like royalty. Trysten (picture on right) loved the wedding bouquet that I made for Amy. After the wedding we hung around town for an extra day and I met some really wonderful people.
My husband had always worried about my running into deer while driving over the mountains in the dark but I had told him not to worry. Well as luck would have it, we were driving over the mountain in the dark when I saw movement on the right side of the road. My husband had taught me to look for movement when I had gone deer hunting so I spotted something out of the corner of my eye. I wasn't sure if it was a deer or a cow so I was intently looking when I realized it was a deer. When I looked back to the road, there were two large deer directly in front of me and I was travelling at about 60 miles per hour. I threw up my arms and screamed waiting for the collision but a miracle happened! Somehow I had grabbed the wheel again and swerved through that 1 foot opening between the deer. I'll never know for sure what forces were at work for me not to have hit those deer but I thanked my Heavenly Father for sparing us from that accident at 10:00 at night.
I had wedding flowers to make on the 15th, the same day as the Successful People Seminar put on by Richard Paul Evans (Rick) and Robert G. Allen (Bob). The wedding went off without a hitch and the family was really pleased with the flowers. I kept them in the car during the seminar but it was cool so no harm was done. Rick told the story of the blue vase. What fun we had learning why you should always do your best. He also told a story about World War II and the Battle of the Bulge. He related a story about building the first Christmas Box house and taught that when you have a mission and are facing a wall, Heavenly Father always opens a back door - that giving up is not an option. Tom Painter taught us about how much our weaknesses are costing us in dollars and cents. (Mine is diet coke - several thousand dollars over a 10 year period. ) I missed most of the talk by Dan McCormick author of "Lessons from Great Lives" . The last part was really good - I lost out by missing the first part! Bob taught all about the WriteWise Program for anyone writing a book or wanting to become an author. Their mentoring program is phenomenal! And we get all of this free for being a member of Bookwise!
I tended Josiah and Brock for two days while Amber (my daughter) completed some training to be a Corrections Assistant at Weber County Jail. It will be a raise for her and more responsibility. Driving Dad to a birthday party was the least I could do this morning since I'm trying to get him to give up the idea of driving himself anymore. At 86 he's a danger to himself and others. Mom's Craftamatic bed got stuck with the head in the up position so she can't lie down. It's going on a week now. We are having a hard time finding where we can get parts or someone to fix it. Tomorrow's Easter and we will have some of our family to dinner. Hopefully the rest will come after they have eaten at the other families. My we all be especially grateful for our Savior's Sacrifice at this holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment