
I've thought about blogging for a long time but it scared me. Today's the day to just dive in.
Yesterday, I finished compiling papers and medical records to send to the VA for financial assistance for my parents. They are in an assisted living facility and are running out of funds to make the rent payments. Today I turned in some coins they had had laying around. $357.00! Can you believe it?
My niece is setting up housekeeping and we shopped for a bed, a chair, some kitchen items, and a bookcase to hold all of her books.
Last weekend we tended our daughter's kids and again tomorrow I am needed. She works on Saturdays and Sundays and her husband has been called to work.
How do you guys out there handle being sandwiched between generations?
I recently closed my flower shop www.twodesigningwomen.com so I could have a life and my family is my life now. I keep my sanity by reading in short spurts. I just finished the Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans and A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. On our vacation we saw the movie Kite Runner, which was made after the first book written by him. Both were excellent. The Infidel was a marvelous education about how muslim women are treated and we thought we had it bad over here! Other books I have read in the last six months are: Water for Elephants, Stormy Weather, and The Smoke Jumper.
Since I closed my shop I am looking for clerical/customer service work. There are so many places to apply, it's hard to decide where I might want to work. Does anyone know if there's a good tutorial for Outlook, Powerpoint or Access?
Tuesday I went to another training by Robert Allen. www.bookwisepro.net/kathybishop He always gets me to thinking about my inner self and my potential. I always come away a better person. This picture was taken with my daughter and Robert Allen last year.
1 comment:
Congratulations for just diving in and getting into blogging. I am relatively new to it but it has opened up a whole new world of writing and can now call myself an author with my recently published 'the art of conversation'. Good luck with the journey who knows what exciting places it will lead you to. Enjoy!
Post a Comment